The IDL Way
- Is there a fast way to get the sum of the diagonals of an array?
- "My IDL program speed improved from 3 days to 32 seconds by removing loops!" A National Enquirer exclusive interview.
- Are FOR loops the embodiment of pure evil?
- Wow! Are FOR loops really as bad as JD says they are?
- How can I find the union, intersection, and difference between sets A and B?
- "Drizzling", "chunking" and other array decimation tricks using Histogram, naturally.
- How can I do maximum value resampling of an image using a sampling box of arbitrary size?
- Small examples to illuminate the IDL Way.
- How do I construct a vector with values from one vector and a repeat count from another?
- Is there a fast way to find the intersection between a vector and an array?
- What is the “IDL Way” to average components of a time series?
- What is the best way to do odd-line smoothing of an array?
- How you show me the IDL Way to turn an 8-bit color image into a 24-bit image?
- Given XY pairs, how can I find the indices to perform an operation on the pairs using a Z data range?
- Can you show me the IDL Way to count specific values in small regions of an image?
- What is the IDL Way to remove arbitrary rows from a 2D array?
Copyright © 1996–2018 Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Last Updated: 13 March 2011