PostScript Output Tips
Visit the Coyote Plot Gallery for examples of well over 50 different types of colorful graphics plots that can be sent directly to PostScript files. Please note that I create PostScript files almost exclusively as intermediate files in the production of high quality PNG, JPEG, TIFF and PDF files. Doing so absolutely requires that Ghostscript and ImageMagick be installed on your computer.
- How can I automatically create color PostScript, PDF, and raster file output from graphics commands?
- How does PostScript resolution affect my output?
- My background and foreground colors were switched. How come?
- Can I choose a background color other than white?
- Where do the extra colors in my image come from?
- Can someone help me position or size images in PostScript?
- How do I print PostScript files from within IDL?
- Can I include IDL PostScript graphics in other documents?
- Can I create multiple PostScript plots?
- How can I dump the contents of a graphics window to a PostScript file?
- Is there a good way to print PostScript files on Windows machines?
- How do I create a PostScript file of object graphic output?
- PostScript output is great, but I can't get IDL's PostScript output into Microsoft Word.
- What is the relationship between point size in PostScript and line thickness in IDL?
- How can I place a less-than-or-equal sign (≤) in my PostScript output?
- Why is my image blurred when I create PostScript output?
- How can I make IDL landscape output appear right-side-up in my PostScript viewer?
- Why are there white stripes in my PostScript output?
- Can you show me how to use Greek symbols in PostScript files and on my display?
- How do I automatically create PDF files from Coyote Graphics comands?
- The Mac PostScript viewer adds non-existent colors to PostScript output.
- How can I create multiple transparent images in a PostScript file?
- Why is the cgImage Interpolate keyword disabled for PostScript output?
- My PostScript output looks like Greek to me!
Configuring the PostScript Device
- How come my images look like they are using only 16 colors?
- How can I make my PostScript output look like my display output?
- How can I use PostScript fonts in my output?
- Help! My plot disappeared when I selected landscape mode.
- Can I get 24-bit PostScript output in IDL?
- How can I get an encapsulated PostScript preview image in my Microsoft Word document on my PC?
- No matter what colors I use in my PostScript file, the colors always end up red. How come?
- Every time I try to create a color PostScript file I always end up with a blank sheet of paper. How come?
- My 24-bit image in a PostScript file doesn't look anything like it does on the display. What's going on?
- How can I make a PostScript file with a specific size?
Copyright © 1996–2018 Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Last Updated: 12 Janary 2012