Visit the Coyote Plot Gallery for graphics code and links to additional information on using color in IDL.
Color Bar Tips
- How do I add a color bar to my graphics plot?
- How can I annotate cgCOLORBAR with my own labels?
- Your nice cgCOLORBAR program won't display my colors. Why not?
- Can you show me how to display an image with a logarithmic color bar?
- When I use your cgCOLORBAR program how come there is a dark line in the color table representation?
- How can I build a discrete color bar with the labels centered on the colors?
- How do I make cgCOLORBAR to use floating point labels?
- How do I add out-of-range color triangles to my color bar?
Color Table Tips
- Can you show me how to construct a color table in IDL?
- Why doesn't XLOADCT work on my display?
- I've heard that the program XCOLORS is useful. Can you tell me how it works?
- How can I reverse the colors in the color table?
- How can I create a logarithmic color table instead of a linear one?
- Is there some way I can use Brewer Color Tables in IDL?
General Color Tips
- Can you explain how color works in IDL?
- How do I ask for a color by name?
- How do colors work on a 24-bit display?
- How can I create a 24-bit color image from an 8-bit color image?
- How can I add a color overlay to a gray-scale image so that the image shows through?
- TVRD gives me strange results. What is going on?
- The colors on my filled contour map projection are completely wrong. What's going on?
- How do I find the closest match in a color table to a particular color?
- How can I create a color (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP) image from an IDL graphics window?
- How can I convert a 24-bit number to three 8-bit numbers?
Copyright © 1996–2018 Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Last Updated: 13 March 2011